We are very happy to announce that we will start resuming our classes from September. The full programme is displayed below.
ART POCKET @ Thread Your Wings
Craft by the Sea: Sheringham
Wednesday evenings 18.00 - 20.30
A monthly meet up to create and meet other like minded people.
£20 per session (includes all materials),
Early booking is advisable as places are limited to 6 per session.
- 29/9/21 Botanical Embroidered Sampler: Utilise a range of basic embroidery stitches - choosing from back stitch, chain stitch, feather stitch, seed stitch and french knot to create a sweet mini sampler.
- 20/10/21 Mark Making with Stitch: Have fun mark making with inks and a range of tools and then translate your marks using hand stitch
- 24/11/21 Gelli Plate Printing: We love this instantly gratifying image transfer printmaking process - come and create textured, layered prints
- 26/01/22 Sashiko:This is a traditional Japanese mending technique using decorative stitch patterns
- 23/2/22 Heat Transfer Printing:Celebrate the vibrant colour and versatility of disperse dyes onto fabric. Explore the positive and negative through resists. Use as inks to draw with.
- 23/3/22 Abstract Collage: Take a playful approach to bondaweb applique through intuitive cutting and a layered approach to composition.
- 27/04/22 Batik: Make colourful patterned fabrics, using this resist dye method.
- 25/05/22 Canadian Smocking:Working from the back of the fabric, this awesome fabric manipulation technique uses gathering and decorative pattern making